I’m a Bay-Area based queer photographer (they/them and he/him pronouns) currently living with my partner and a very spoiled house cat in Oakland. My love of photography began when I "borrowed" my father's canon Ae-1 camera back in high school (He never did get that camera back, sorry dad!) Many rolls of film and a stack of full hard drives later, I still love working with people to create a setting which allows them to confidently share themselves with the world. I love providing that same experience for my headshot, wedding and commitment ceremony clients.
My background in fine art and documentary photography has inspired several personal projects, including 'Here', an ongoing series combining personal statements and portraiture of transgender, non-binary, and gender nonconforming folk from my community.
I’ve worked as a freelance photographer for over fifteen years, and some of my other hobbies include growing way too many house plants, drinking an insane amount of tea, cooking (sometimes successfully) and planning my next backpacking excursion.
Photography has shown me new ways of seeing the world, I love working with people, environments, and the random encounters that make life special. Weddings are the perfect combination of these elements, I love my job and have been fortunate to work with many terrific clients!
Please take a look at what some past clients have to say about working with me on Yelp.
Please contact me for more information on how we might work together, or to schedule your wedding consultation.
2019 EnGendering Change, Cloyde Snook Gallery, Adams State University CO
2019 ON OUR BACKS: The Revolutionary Art of Queer Sex Work, Leslie-Lohman Museum, NYC
- 2019 Identity, Transgender and Non binary Portraiture, Merced, CA
- 2019 Stonewall, 50 Years, Harvey Milk Center, San Francisco, CA
- 2019 Stories, Dab Art Online
- 2019 Bannable Offense, San Francisco, CA
- 2018 Bay Area Big Shots, East Bay Photo Collective Group Show, Oakland, CA
- 2011 Men As Object, Reversing the Gaze, Somarts gallery, San Francisco, CA
2001 San Francisco State University, BFA Fine Art Photography, San Francisco, CA
Tristan's photography has accompanied articles appearing on websites including ; Autostraddle.com, NewYorkTimes.com, Curve.com, TheAdvocate.com, Cosmopolitan.com, Huffingtonpost.com, Rollingstone.com, Redfinery.com, Nerve.com, and Bitchmag.com
- InVisible Graphic Novel, with artist Rhea Silvan, Seven Seas Publishing, 2009
- How Loathsome Graphic Novel, with artist Ted Naifeh, NBM Publishing, 2004